Calling all potential Christmas Angels …
It’s that time of year when our thoughts turn to angels and the important role they played in the story of Jesus’ birth. Angels are messengers. You too can be an angel and spread the Good News of Jesus birth and His love for all by participating in our Advent Angel programs.
Interested adults can sign up starting Sunday, November 19 to be an “Advent Angel” to one or more of our Sunday School children. (Preschool through Grade 8.) The identity of our “Angels” will remain a secret until they reveal themselves during the at the reception following the Sunday School Christmas Program on Sunday, December 17.
What does it take to be an Advent Angel?
- Look for the Angel Kiosk in the commons.
- Pick up as many envelopes as you want. You can be an angel to more than one child.
- Send a card to your assigned child(ren) sometime during the Advent season.
- Send your child(ren) a Christmas Card.
- Place an “Angel” ornament on the Christmas Tree in The Commons.
- Plan to meet in the Sanctuary on December 17 following the Sunday School Christmas Program (about 11:45 a.m.) to reveal your identity and greet your “angel” child.
Our long heritage of advent angels has shown that the effects of your “angel” ministry will extend far beyond this season! Thank you for participating in this beloved tradition.